Abnormal sleep is known to increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Sleeping too little or too long, as well as chronic insomnia significantly increase the risk of illness and death related to cardiovascular disease. This is probably related to the fact that chronically disturbed sleep increases the risk of obesity, hypertension, and diabetes, known risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Irregular sleep patterns and insomnia increase relapse risk and predict poor response in individuals diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
Subscribe to our Blog
- Announcing a Series of 10 Short Books on Alternative and Integrative Mental Health Care
- Suicide Prevention: 5 Signs it’s Time to Seek Help, by Melissa Howard
- Lipoic Acid: A Promising Alternative Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
- For Alzheimer’s Disease Limitations of Conventional Treatment Invite Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Taking Care of Depressed Mood in Pregnancy Without Drugs